My Work Is Not Yet Done review
1 GB available space
My Work Is Not Yet Done Review
My Work Is Not Yet Done is an application designed by Sutemi Productions. My Work Is Not Yet Done was first published on . The app is accessible on the following platforms: Steam, Other.
My Work Is Not Yet Done is a pilgrimage simulator following the final days of the inquisitor Avery, the last remaining survivor of the Empire’s doomed excursionary efforts into the remote and unaccountable Reach. Tasked with tracking down the source of an inscrutable signal, she must navigate, survey and survive an eerie, ever-shifting landscape reclaimed by nature — and perhaps something stranger.
My Work Is Not Yet Done seeks to provide a unique and innovative take on the survival genre aimed at accurately reproducing the physical and psychological experience of being alone in the wilderness, resituating the player’s role within nature as an interloper rather than conquistador. The game is set in an expansive open world environment that eschews the genre tropes of cold weather survival for a dense, oppressively rainy and humid forest, seamlessly blending procedural generation with a variety of handcrafted locations to ensure a sense of constant disorientation even across repeat playthroughs.
It is part of an ongoing series of works within a larger shared universe dedicated to examining questions of theological and cosmic horror: issues such as faith, weakness, devotion and loneliness — and the concomitant suffering contingent to such experiences.
- Combat-less exploration and survival gameplay, based on authentic bushcraft and land navigation techniques
- Deep, systemically-reactive survival simulation mechanics, focusing on both physical and psychic conditions
- A beautiful and expansive open world featuring real-time weather, atmospheric conditions, and day/night progression
- Dynamic environments that react to the player’s condition and behaviour
- Stark, striking 1-bit visuals, with an immersive HUD (and no hunger/thirst meters)
- A free-form unscripted narrative experience built around emergent gameplay and ambient lore