Sand Table Software
Theater Commander: The Coming Wars, Modern War Game review
1 GB available space
Theater Commander: The Coming Wars, Modern War Game Review
Theater Commander: The Coming Wars, Modern War Game is an application designed by Sand Table Software. Theater Commander: The Coming Wars, Modern War Game was first published on . It is available for Steam, Other.
Theater Commander: The Coming Wars is a real-time modern warfare simulation game focusing on campaign and battle level. It features more than a dozen scenarios covering hypothetical conflicts around the globe, from the Sea of Japan to Korean Peninsula, from the Taiwan Strait to the Indian subcontinent, from Sinai Peninsula to East Europe and Crimea. In addition to traditional air and naval warfare, Theater Commander introduces large-scale land battles involving up to thousands of land units for each battle down to company level. You are posted as a joint force commander in command of assigned air, naval and land force consisted of up to half million soldiers to carry out missions such as destroying hostile fleets, landing on enemy territories, crossing borders and seizing control of enemy cities.
- Each battle map, covering an area of up to 2000km x 2000km, is built on accurate satellite terrain data (mountain, hill, plain, river etc), land cover data (forest, grassland, scrubland, desert etc) and human facility data (road, railway, city, airport etc). The game engine calculates the outcome of engagement based on terrain, unit strength, weaponry and morale, making each battle a real experience.
- Most of the units involved in the battles, not only aircraft and warships, but also land units, are labelled with true names and equipped with weapons as they serve in their countries, to the best knowledge of Theater Commander developers through years of efforts on data gathering.
- Theater Commander developers spent great time on making the game easier to play for players not having profound knowledge on modern warfare. For most operations, if desired, players only need to define the routes for the units, leaving tactical manoeuver, weapon selection and other parameters to the AI, just as a theater commander should do.
- Like other air and naval warfare simulators, the game engine calculates the air and naval engagement based on a variety of parameters including but not limited to directional RCS, supersonic maneuverability, weapons envelope, and electronic technology. Missile attack and interception is calculated at near-real-time and displayed with smooth animation.
- Theater Commander supports sophisticated military actions, such as airborne attack, helicopter assault and amphibious mission. Short-range ballistic missile, long-range cruise missile launch and interception are also included.
Battle of Sea of Japan: Japan intercepts Russian fleet
Clash in East China Sea: Japan thwarts Chinese adventure
Unification of Korean Peninsula: S. Korea invades N. Korea
Cross the Strait: China attacks Taiwan
Invasion of Vietnam: China attacks Vietnam
India and Pakistan: India invades Pakistan
Confrontation in the Indian Ocean: India battles Chinese fleet
Violation of Sinai Peninsula: Israel attacks Egypt
Aegean Sea: Greece thwarts Turkey attempts
The Second Crimea War: US attacks Russia
Feud in Eastern Europe: Poland fights Russia
Blood in the Norwegian Sea: UK intercepts Russian fleet
Luxembourg_Forest: France in a war game against Germany
More scenarios would be added based on the amount of players